Making Disciples of Jesus Christ

FPC's Stained Glass Windows

Windows from the Old Church —

A Loving Restoration Project

OldChurchBldg1_thumb (12K)

The old Church Building on 4th & B Streets — Originally built in 1885 and destroyed in 1963. The stained glass windows went into storage that year.

OldChurch-close_thumb (9K)

The window above the door on the old Church.

OldChurch-close2_thumb (16K)

The windows from behind the pulpit in the old Church

FPCWindow_thumb (8K)

The window from above the old Church door — now displayed in the new Church Fireside Room.

KNugent1_thumb (13K)

The leader of the Restoration Project, Ken Nugent, explains to the audience the origins of the church's stained glass windows at the unveiling on Jan. 16, 2005.


WindPres1_thumb (10K)

The restoration in process, year 2005.


ALDeanWindow_thumb (42K)

The Arthur Lloyd Dean Window was cleaned & mounted in a light box by Ted Arntz in early 2005 — a memorial to the first Petaluman killed in a foreign war — Filipino-American War of 1899.

MartinMemorialWindow_thumb (14K)

The Martin Memorial Window features an ancient Christian symbol combining a cross, crown and anchor.

LyreWindow_thumb (19K)

The Lyre Window was mounted above the organ in the old church building. We mounted it near the organ in our current building.

WMCarter-HinshawWindow_thumb (19K)

The William Carter Hinshaw window.

window thumbnail    

Several from the church and Petaluma community were excited to see the windows, most for the first time. We now have many of the windows mounted and placed in our current sanctuary.

To read a reprint of Ken Nugent's Saving the Historic Windows of Petaluma's First Presbyterian Church, click here.

Top